Friday, November 14, 2008

It's been 8 months already!

Yesterday Nolan celebrated 8 months home. It's been an interesting week and a half, he has hit a rough patch, but after 8 months I have come to know the signs. First, he starts having trouble going to sleep at nap time and at night. He doesn't cry he just stays awake talking, but I believe that he is avoiding sleep out of some type of insecurity or fear. Next the testing begins, it's almost if he's asking, "if I'm naughty, will they still love me/keep me? If I have an accident in my pants, will they still love me/keep me? If I hit, if I refuse to obey, if I am unbearably cranky & difficult.... and so on. In general during this time he is cranky for no apparent reason (which abnormal for him).

I am so thankful that God has allowed me to catch on to this pattern. When I recognize the symptoms, I have to remind myself again that it has been only 8 months, even though it seems like forever to us (in a good way). When these spells reappear, I go back to using the hip hammock for Mommy time and I am always amazed at how he positively & quickly responds.

Tomorrow we have our first "official" family photos with the whole family. I will be sure to post some soon.

2 comments:

Redmom2005 said...

I can't believe it has been eight months already!! Gosh, time really does fly by!! Can't wait to see those family pictures!
:)

jimandjenn said...

You are such a good mommy - I think it takes an incredible amount of love and patience to deal with the trails that come along with adoption - you were definitely born to be an adoptive parent.