Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Travel Update

We did receive a Consulate Appointment on March the 10th, giving us the green light to travel on Saturday, March 1st. It is so surreal right now and has definately not hit me that this time next week we will have Nolan!

I think I have experienced every emotion from being thrilled to finally go, sad to leave the kids behind, guilty for leaving them, anxiety over travel time & logistics, concern over Nolan's grieving and bonding process. You name it, and it's probably crossed my mind. In fact, going to the hospital to have a baby sounds like a much easier option right now.

We are humbled and grateful for a God who is bigger than all the details that concern us. This is just another step in the journey God has put us on. He has brought us this far and will carry us through the rest of the trip. I'm not sure how people without faith handle all of life's overwhelming situations. We'd be a mess right now if we didn't have confidence in God's ability to make all of this happen.

We cannot wait to see the life God has planned for Nolan.

We are happy to be able to share our trip through this blog. Be sure to check back often over the next month to see how our little guy is doing.

3 comments:

forever sisters... said...

Wow! Happy packing and safe travels. I'll be following along!

Carrie in WI

Redmom2005 said...

I'm so happy for you, Janis! I can't wait to follow along on your journey. Don't worry about a thing...everything will work out just fine!

Erin

wendy said...

he is so much bigger then the details..........